bs_signup is the working name of Blinkenshell's signup system. It's written in Python by JohanMarcusson.
Project page (report bugs, suggest enchantments, view development etc): http://marcusson.no-ip.com/projects/bs_signup/
15 Dec 2007
- Changed the way menus behave into something more intuitive and easy. You now use up/down arrow keys or numbers directly, instead of entering a number and pressing enter.
8 Okt 2007
Added feature to enable auto-voice. Only available if user is at step 10 and has verified NickServ account.
Possibility to verify NickServ account even if you signed up before this was part of the signup process.
- Fixed a bug in the sms step. (6 Okt)
- Fixed numeric passwords. (5 Okt)
23 Sep 2007
Added a step to verify NickServ registration (by sending a memo with memoserv).
- Removed the step with "user info" (I seldom check the info anyways).
- "Step 6" (when you're done) isn't really a step, so it's a total of 5 steps.
- When user account is created, step should be set to 10.
- Added a "progressbar" for the signup process on the main menu (unless you're at step 10).
- Added an option to create a MySQL database via the signup program if you are at step 10. If you already have a database, the option should be changed to "change password".
- Added an option to change your email adress after you entered it the first time.
18 Sep 2007
- Data is stored in binary files (python pickle) instead of plaintext, makes it easier to store integers as integers (not strings) and might boost performance.
- Since it's not plaintext anymore, all calls to the signup database goes through the User class instead of manipulating the files on their own (affects blinkenbot and cron-scripts)
- Major changes in the internal data handling, related to the changes in the User class.
- Some tweaks with the interface: if all output can't fit on one screen, there is a "more" sign on the input-bar. You can scroll with arrowkeys in pause/continue-dialogs or by entering +/- in string input dialogs.
- User info will be saved even if one exits by closing the terminal (or after tracebacks), this will make it almost inpossible for situations where the database marks you as beeing online when in fact you are not.
- Some tweaks on user input data.
24 Aug 2007
- The quiz now has a time limit. You have 10 minutes to answer all the questions and get every single answer right.
- Passwords for the signup accounts are no longer auto generated, instead you can choose whatever password you like.
- Users can change their passwords at any point.
Passwords are stored "encrypted" (hashed) using SHA1 and a salt.
- You can not recover the password the same way as before, since only a hash is stored there is no way to get the password back. Instead a new password is generated and emailed back to you.
- You no longer have to keep the signup program running while waiting for the SMS. You can log in again at a later time and enter the code.
- Lots of minor changes and fixes.
Probably a couple of new bugs introduced