Welcome to Blinkenshell!
This is a free shell account service. I provide shell access to my server for free if you can prove yourself as a worthy user of the service.
The service is intended to create a community with users who are curious and likes to learn new stuff about computers in general. This is a great place to be if you are looking for somewhere to learn about UNIX, learn about programming/scripting or if you just want to use IRC.
The server is located in my basement and is not intended for any commercial use. It doesn't cost anything to use and does not provide any guaranteed uptime, availability, quality of service or any warranty.
This website is based on MoinMoin wiki. You can edit the contents of the pages by clicking on "Log in" on the top of the page and then signing up for an account. By creating an account on this webpage you are Not automatically registered for the shell service. Read ["Info/Signup"] for signup instructions for the shell service.
We are now affilated with Shellsnet! http://www.shellsnet.org/
- SSH and SFTP access.
- 10 MB Quota.
- Webhost ( no PHP/CGI, shell.blinkenlights.se/rhea/~username )
Mail ( firstname.lastname@example.org , optional )
- IRC access via screen and irssi/BitchX ( No bots, no eggdrops: ["Bots"]. No bouncers. )
- ICQ, AIM, Yahoo, MSN access via CenterICQ.
- Developing environment. ( compilers, interpreters, code editors etc )
- GNU Screen
- GNU Emacs
- GNU GCC
- SBCL (Lisp)
- And more
- CPU: 2 GHz
- RAM: 1024 MB DDR
- HDD: 3 x 80 GB, RAID 5
- Connection: 8 Mbit/s down, 1 Mbit/s up (ADSL, Static IP, Reverse DNS)
- OS: GNU/Linux
- Location: Linkoping, Sweden
- ["Info/Signup"] - Instructions on how to apply for an account.
- ["Info/Rules"] - Rules.
- ["FAQ"] - Frequently asked questions.
TitleIndex - Index of all the pages on this site.
- ["Links"] - Some external links.
- ["Users"] - Users with existing accounts and users applying for new accounts.
You can reach me here:
- IRC channel #blinkenshell @ irc.shellsnet.org
- Email at: independence at blinkenlights.se